Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/18/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 ZXR400 & ZZR400 Owner
 The Workshop - ZXR Owner
 why does my bike knock!?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nazzurro19
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
387 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  22:59:05  Show Profile
hello all just got a new 400 as my other one got stolen thing is when i push my zxr forward it starts to make a knocking sound is this normal? its just passed mot so i dont know what could be up with it, i normally ride hondas so if this is standard sorry for asking also the gears are about clunky is this also normal?

Life Is What Ya Make It.......Fast!!

Jake strange
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  23:16:56  Show Profile
mine is a bit clunky compared to modern bikes gearboxes, but not bad. what state is the chain and sprockets in? are they adjusted ok?
as for the knocking sound, make sure yr forks are in the yokes straight and all the bolts are tightened correct and even
Go to Top of Page

nazzurro19
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
387 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  23:32:38  Show Profile
chain is pretty good has a Scottoiler to help keep it nice and sweet like i say its only when i push the bike forward and also when in neutrul if i dont hold the clutch in the bike clunks a lil must just be zxr 400's lol

Go to Top of Page

wullvfr
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2008 :  07:42:34  Show Profile
buy an nc30....lol!!!if its just passed a mot then i wouldnt worry about it.
or if its bugging you then just double check everything to do with the rear wheel,bearings,chain condition adjustment,sprockets front and rear,could possibly be the suspension components.if everything is ok then put it to the back of your mind.
Go to Top of Page

nazzurro19
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
387 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2008 :  09:16:30  Show Profile
i had an NC30 the theiving Jipo's nicked it!

Go to Top of Page

chris bb

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  10:32:22  Show Profile
i had a knocking noise on mine last year was the rear bearings this happened when wheeling the bike around every metre or so there would be a knock from the chain area, also had another knocking when holding the bike on the front brake and pushing forward the right hand side front engine mount had come loose,,,

http://http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/mj43/Donny2007/chrisbray.jpg
Go to Top of Page

techie

New Zealand
919 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  18:36:13  Show Profile  Visit techie's Homepage
yeah could be the cush drive bearing. Mine did this too, got louder and louder. Easy to check, drop the rear wheel out and drop out the cush drive with the sprocket attached, check the bearing in there. Check all the wheel bearings while you are at it.

Lose weight and go faster.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000