Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/20/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 Cover for the clocks smashed
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DublinDes

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  15:36:50  Show Profile
Bike was pushed over at the weekend, clocks took a smashing, though they still work, the casing enclosing them has been smashed to bits, particularily on the left, wires etc exposed, tank also damaged. The front panel with the two glass views is ok. I have dropped it into a garage, they said they tried to get a similiar casing from a superfour but no luck, so they will replace the casing but with casing from another bike. Is it a common and easy thing to do ?

Failing getting a suitable casing to fit, they will replace the whole clocks unit from another bike. If they do so, will it be expensive ?

Edited by - DublinDes on 05/03/2008 15:43:13

superfourben

United Kingdom
505 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  01:45:17  Show Profile
A new clocks casing can be bought from www.wemoto.com for £44. Easy to buy and fit yourself I would have thought...

Good times!
Go to Top of Page

soundgarden
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  10:50:57  Show Profile
The casing should be easy to replace yourself Des. A mate of mine smasheed his clock casings and just got new ones off Wemoto and changed them himself easily enough.

If you've left it in already though tell the guys to try Wemoto. Otherwise just get your bike back and have a go yourself. I mean if it's only the casing is damaged there's no point replacing the whole clock unit.
Go to Top of Page

DublinDes

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  15:54:53  Show Profile
Ok, thanks lads, hopefully it will be ok.
Go to Top of Page

uglygit
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  18:33:02  Show Profile
If your bike is a cb1 then hornet chrome clock covers should fit, if not ntv/bros ones are the same, and i think a few other models aswell just google a few early mid ninties hondas and look at the clocks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000