Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 3/29/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 electrial problem
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bikeireland

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2008 :  09:27:14  Show Profile  Visit bikeireland's Homepage
hi folks,i have a cb400 super four and i have electrial problem where as the battery runs down after about two hours of driving even though it is charging it is not strong a enough to start with starting motor.i am able to push start it but then after a while becomes very hard to start and wont tick overwhen i charge the battery it wil fire up no problem but left overnight it will not start,but will start on a bump start. i have tested the the output with a multimetre and get 13.5 at 6000 revs and 12.5 at idle.the reg/ rectif was only changed a couple of months ago,is it possible its gone again.somebody mentioned it could be the stater solenoid.also cannot find any other wiring that could be causing a bad earth an draining battery.any ideas. tommy.

superfourben

United Kingdom
505 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2008 :  11:14:01  Show Profile
Might just be a duff battery, any idea how old it is as it might not be able to hold the charge. However, try this electrical test, go through it all and it should reveal what the problem is
http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_fault_finding.html
Just click on the download link for the pdf file.

Good times!
Go to Top of Page

bikeireland

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2008 :  11:35:12  Show Profile  Visit bikeireland's Homepage
ben brand new battery.will check that guide thanks tommy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: