Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/24/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 General Discussion
 CB-1 Switchgear replacements
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drewski
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2008 :  13:58:43  Show Profile
As all CB-1 owners will know, after time the handlebar switches fade and look pretty *Censored*e.I managed to pick up a set from a CB500 cheap the other day. They look a lot better than the original ones and have exactly the same controls including the choke and a natty "pass" switch. I havn't got round to fitting them so far so I've yet to find out how different the connecters are. Has anyone else found good replacement ones?

Born To Ride, Ride To Born!

AlanH

United Kingdom
1040 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2008 :  17:41:27  Show Profile
Yep. Replaced mine with CBR600 switchgear (I think) and it looks ace - pretty much the same as the ones in your pics actually. It was a while ago now so I can't remember which model it was but now all my lights turn on and off properly (mine was US spec so the lights wouldn't turn off and there was no pilot in the headlight). It took a bit of tweaking to get it all installed but it wasn't difficult.
Go to Top of Page

Drewski
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2008 :  19:58:22  Show Profile
Aye, i was looking out for a good set of 600 switches, and Hornet ones but they tend to go for up to £60 for a good set, these were just over £10.I'm going to need to sort out funds for a respray soon so every pound saved helps.

Born To Ride, Ride To Born!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000