Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/27/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 GSXR400 Owners
 The Workshop - GSXR Owner
 Er - am i missing pipes / ramair ?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crm250
Roll on may

United Kingdom
4821 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2003 :  13:06:25  Show Profile  Visit crm250's Homepage
1990 GK76A, i have seen loads of other bikes with ali tubes coming from the fairings to under the seat. Mine has none, and if so where do they go ? what do they do ?

Cheers

CRM in "sold a bike" shocker

furry

United Kingdom
1828 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2003 :  15:35:41  Show Profile  Visit furry's Homepage
They Don't do much really m8, the engine is sealed off from airflow comming at it past the radiator by a sheet of rubber plastic.

All the tubes do is allow air to get to the rest of the engine to cool it off a bit, and also let some air get in the general direction of the airbox.

I don't know why on the GK73A they did this, I got the model before, GK71F which has exactly the same engine, and I don't have ram pipes on mine nor this seperation between the engine and the radiator.

www.gsxr400.co.uk Run by gsxr400 owners for gsxr400 owners! (Furry is Founder)
Go to Top of Page

fireman

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  12:11:33  Show Profile
have to agree but diagree with furballirc, the ali tubes are to direct air to the air box, there are small holes where the ali tubes stop which allow the air to go straight to the air box, so my view is suzuki thought they needed them and put them on the bike to give the bike the feed of air it required so maybe u should get some? but like furballirc said maybe there not that important, but seems he/she is refering to GK73A and in ur pic u have a GK76A. if u feel u need them or want to get some? i have a spare set among all the other bits i collected when building my bike. so get in touch if u want them? say £400 ok then £200 u drive a hard bargin? i tell u what, seeing as i`m such a nice guy i`ll give them to u free as long as u cover my costs? which will be £200 (joke) whatever P&P will be around five quid proberbly.
Go to Top of Page

furry

United Kingdom
1828 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  14:01:26  Show Profile  Visit furry's Homepage
Well engine on bikes from 1984 to 1992 as I've mentioned in a previous post all use the stronger 59bhp engine (that includes GK76A) there is little difference except in carb changes, which I doubt warrent direct air injection into the air box through ram air tubing, cos if that was the case s hit would build up in the airbox very quickly, plus the whole idea of the air box (as mentioned in previous posts of mine) is to allow the air to settle, directing force air into the air box would only disrupt that, and cause upset to the engine and carb setup.

www.gsxr400.co.uk Run by gsxr400 owners for gsxr400 owners! (Furry is Founder)
Go to Top of Page

gsxr400

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  16:53:04  Show Profile
the one of the right stops ant the frame with the holes driiled in it but the air has to do a 180 to get into the airbox the left one seems useless as it stops way short, i'd take fireman up on his offer though see if it does make any difference i'd be interested

Lee
Twickenham
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000