Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/25/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 clutch lever
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bikeireland

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2008 :  18:42:03  Show Profile  Visit bikeireland's Homepage
at the end of clutch lever there is two black wires into what i assume is a switch.can this be replaced as this a major contributor to my electrial problems as i had to connect one wire to the handle bars in order to get lights horn and indicators bikerunning at about 90% now

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2008 :  21:48:11  Show Profile
There is a safety cutout switch, it's only job as far as I know is to cut the feed to the starter motor if the bike is in gear and the lever not pulled in. If the switch fails, or you have to remove or unplug it, you just will have to put the bike in N every time you want to start it. So you can replace it, but I can't see how it would do anything to any other part of your bike. To do it, you have to take the lever out the perch and just pop the switch in, press-fit. Seriously though, that's all it does.

I reckon you probably have a faulty earth somewhere else in your electrical system. What were the symptoms exactly?

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000