Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/25/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 Shifter issue
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Optimus Leo

Venezuela
2 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  21:29:03  Show Profile
Hi all! I'm new here, I'm currently living in Venezuela and I bought a month ago a NC31 CB400SF, loving the bike (Previously had a XT225) and it has been virtually troublefree, except that in the last couple weeks, I have noticed that the shifter gets very loose and that I had to tighten again the bolt that holds it into place.

But now, no matter how hard I tighten the bolt, it become loose after some miles of riding...no more than 10 minutes and some shifts, and it's already dangling loose...making the shifts all floppy.

What could I do to keep the shifter firmly into place and to avoid having to tighten the bolt everytime before riding? Thanks!

Here's some pics to help illustrate what I'm saying:

NC31 CB400 Super Four

superfourben

United Kingdom
505 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  21:54:15  Show Profile
You are missing the correct bolt. The original probably fell out and has been replaced with a simple bolt by the looks of it. Also the original would have been held in place with a bit of thread lock. You could try to get a replacement or get a new bolt made quite simply.
You should be able to get the parts from a Honda dealer but at a price. The part numbers are
90115-KAF-000
24706-MK3-770 (these are a couple of rubber washers i think, you need two of these)
90514-921-000

I'll try to email you the pdf with the parts list so you can see what you need

Good times!
Go to Top of Page

Optimus Leo

Venezuela
2 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  21:57:08  Show Profile
Awesome mate! Thanks very much...I'll try to find something similar, because this bike is not very common in here and finding parts is not easy. Would you happen to know which other Honda bikes carry a compatible bolt?

My email is thedominator2k@hotmail.com thanks!

NC31 CB400 Super Four
Go to Top of Page

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  23:03:53  Show Profile
a lot of the Honda parts are interchangable....

what's the craic?
Go to Top of Page

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  23:16:19  Show Profile
If you have the part number, the dealer can get it even if he has to wait for it to arrive from Japan. You could probably carry on with the bodged solution if you threadlock the bolt in at the right position to allow the lever to move. Bit risky though, it'd probably eventually work free. I would also want some sort of bushing, not steel, in there too.

Easiest to just do it right with the part numbers.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page

uglygit
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  18:37:48  Show Profile
Does the bolt that you have stick out he back of the lever carrier? if so drop a lock nut on the back and it should be fine, if not and you can't get a proper bolt it might be worth sourcing a bolt slightly longer than the one you have and locknuting it.
Go to Top of Page

TektroG

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  19:25:49  Show Profile
Good suggestion. Lockwiring it to something would also work.

I've got 4 words for you sonny: ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000