Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/19/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 The Racer's Edge
 Events - Championships & Practice Rounds
 aberdare park
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shady83
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  22:51:25  Show Profile
Has anyone races there and what is it like? they have a meeting in july and i am quite interested in giving it a go. I have been on the website and the track although short looks like fun, has anybody tried it and is it worth a go?

zxr400,spruced up engine, quickshifter, full swona system and a few bits and bats

Jake strange
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  23:01:40  Show Profile
I sent a mail to the dude who runs it last month, secretary of aberaman mcc, he told me it is national only...

how did Oly get on?

Edited by - Jake strange on 16/03/2008 23:03:43
Go to Top of Page

tarmac
Familiar Member

Australia
359 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  07:51:43  Show Profile  Visit tarmac's Homepage
It's short, a bit bumpy and very narrow. Tree lined, with a camber about 2 ft higher in the center of the track.
Run off on some corners is a rose bed or hedgerow or even a boating pond.
Typically, you'll use 4 gears. Top speed is low. Run stiff springs with little preload or at least that what I'd try next time.
I've done it twice. It's good fun.

www.tw-performance.com.au
Go to Top of Page

rich
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  13:43:16  Show Profile
I did it in 2006.
The entrance wasn't sign posted anywhere. Nobody knew where scrutineering was going to be. Practice wasn't announced and then had me doing my first ever lap (400) at the same time as Lougher (600). The race was red flagged on first lap when someone hit a tree but nobody stopped the riders anywhere so whilst touring round I got overtaken by an ambulance and nearly knocked off by the course car. I put the bike back in the van and was tempted to ride Sunday until they announced practice was starting at 9.30.....it was already 9.45!
The circus was being run by the clowns and I will never go there again. Shame cos the circuits quite good.

Chaos, Confusion, Devastation. My work is done......
Go to Top of Page

shady83
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  18:51:41  Show Profile
Thats a shame its a national, as i still have my bib. I just thought it might be something different,from what rich has said it does'nt sound like its a well structered event. shame. jake; Oly didnt do to well as he came off at gerrards and was a bit of the pace.

zxr400,spruced up engine, quickshifter, full swona system and a few bits and bats

Edited by - shady83 on 17/03/2008 18:53:20
Go to Top of Page

dickinsonypvs32614
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  19:03:46  Show Profile
did it last year, qualified 4th in the 400 open,then fell off on the third lap in the f400 hit a dry stone wall after going through the bails and barriers, organisation was a shamble to say the least, but the track is unique and i would say, try it once !

WWW.ONCRACK.COM
Go to Top of Page

nolie

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  21:48:01  Show Profile
i did it a few years back,had the pleasureof being first crasher of the day.bike was goosed so we got some beer an watched.saw one bloke crash on the straight when his bike just threw a fit with the bumps.tree roots growing under the tarmac.certanly more exciting than darley,you need a good steerin damper an your lock stops doin up.i think more should have a scare at aberdare
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000