Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 5/13/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 VFR & RVF Owners
 The Workshop
 NC24 Basics
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moodyman

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2008 :  20:16:04  Show Profile
Hi all,

Just collected my NC24 today, just after a few pointers as to getting around the bike.

How do I get to the battery to get the trickle charger on?

How do you check the oil level, is it bike upright and dipstick fully wound in?

Front brakes seem to be binding a bit (squeeling) so I'll sort that in next few days.

Also, there seemed to be a bit of a flatspot around 6-7K revs, is this common?

Any info advice and tips on the bike greatly appreciated.

Cheers all,

Daz

Streetfighter
I want one of those

United Kingdom
575 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  09:24:19  Show Profile
Hi, ownign an NC24 i'll be glad to help if I can ..

The battery is located on the right hand side, all you have to do is take the rear (under the seat) fairings off and undo a 10mm bolt that holds the clamp in place, then take the battery out...

I check the oil dipstick fully in and out, and take an average reading and top up when needed..

My front brakes bound for a bit, I found riding on a road when theres nothing about and whacking the brakes on takes away the glossing and roughs up the pads a bit and gets rid of it.. otherwise a pistons probably stuck or seized which was what my other side problem was..

I don't know about the rev problem, mine tends to kick in around then and go through till about 11 and a half. Try some new plugs, petrol, clean the air filter and warm the bike up before you ride it..
Go to Top of Page

spooky
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  17:41:41  Show Profile
check out your collector box, you cannot get new ones anymore,also keep an eye on the rectifier/regulator, the original ones can overheat and blow. otherwise well done on a great choice of bike daz.

Nc24 Nutter.
Go to Top of Page

terri400
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
132 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  18:26:23  Show Profile
Hi Moodyman and welcome, I think your questions have been answered now, it may just be coincidence but did you buy Jim67's bike?

We need to make a serious effort to keep as many 24s out of the breakers hands as possible

Ian
Go to Top of Page

el_dudino

United Kingdom
515 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  21:22:24  Show Profile
Welcome another NC24 owner. There seems to have been a flurry of '24 owners about recently. Got any pics of the bike?
Go to Top of Page

moodyman

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2008 :  22:07:16  Show Profile
Well the guy I bought it off was called Jim, he lived in Derbyshire and recommended this site so prob the same guy

Got trickle charger on now, gonna sort the brakes out tomorrow, then I'm just waiting for the insurance docs to come through so I can tax and ride it.

The flat spot thing is prob due to my last bike being a Cagiva V-Raptor which had lots of low down grunt, guess I'm gonna have to get used to screwing the balls off a bike again
Go to Top of Page

el_dudino

United Kingdom
515 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2008 :  08:51:32  Show Profile
Bloody Jim's sold the bike with gummy brake's!

Kidding, Jim's bike is one of the nicest NC24's on the site and w know he looked after it! No need to post up pics in that case!
Go to Top of Page

Lope
Familiar Member

South Africa
213 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2008 :  09:18:27  Show Profile
nice one bruv, i have a NC24. but mine runs like a beast with power everywhere. at 4k it kicks hard, then at 7k it starts kicking harder, then after 10k it yanks you. hehe

but my bike drinks petrol. the carbs need to be looked at. dunno how it will run when its stock again.

for the oil level i dont screw it in, i just push it down til it touches the screw. it should be at the top notch when the bike is cold, and inbetween top and bottom notch when bike is warm.

start with the choke open, give it a tickle with the throttle just as it catches, then close the choke maintaining it at around 1800~2000rpm with the throttle (the point where the alternator gives juice to recharge ur batt) i used to just ride off, then i used to warm my bike up, but for the last few weeks i just ride off gently til it warms up. keeping under 5 or 7k rpm.
everyone has a different opinion on this. many people have warmed their bike up for years without any problems, many have ridden off slowly for years without problems.
the spark plugs can get gummed up if its left idling for too long. and some say that engines prefer having some load on them to idling.
then some say that engines should be warm before they rev faster.
whatever floats your boat.

A lot can be said about the power you hold in your right hand. With great power comes great responsibility.

Edited by - Lope on 18/03/2008 09:30:17
Go to Top of Page

phillip_olivier

South Africa
1 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2008 :  07:29:57  Show Profile
HI there, i have a nc24 as well but my rev (tachometer) counter died on me, and i'm a bit clueless as to how it actually functions,there are three wires running from it, to heaven knows where..Please help? Another question is there anyway one can get the faded clock glasses to shine up as well?
Go to Top of Page

spooky
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  23:48:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by moodyman

Hi all,

Just collected my NC24 today, just after a few pointers as to getting around the bike.

How do I get to the battery to get the trickle charger on?

How do you check the oil level, is it bike upright and dipstick fully wound in?

Front brakes seem to be binding a bit (squeeling) so I'll sort that in next few days.

Also, there seemed to be a bit of a flatspot around 6-7K revs, is this common?

Any info advice and tips on the bike greatly appreciated.

Cheers all,

Daz

how are you getting on with your bike

Nc24 Nutter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000