Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 5/15/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 Blowing the 30A fuse
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ticker

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  11:47:58  Show Profile
Hey guys and gals I wonder if I could pick your brains on my Superfour problem (Version R 1995). She keeps blowing 30A fuses. I can turn the bike on and everything is fine, start the engine up and it will manage to run shortly but after 30 seconds or so the whole bike dies (30A fuse blowing) and everything goes off. Also seems to run roughly but as soon as I rev the engine thats when the fuse blows.

So decided to try and get a volt reading from the battery while the engine was running (had to do this quickly before it blew a fuse) and it was only about 10 volts while running. So now I am guessing its either the reg/rec is toasted or there is a nasty short somewhere that is putting a heavy drain on the current. If anyone has any experience or suggestions I would be very grateful, this is my commuter bike and hoping to get her up and running again asap.

superfourben

United Kingdom
505 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  13:45:31  Show Profile
Sounds like reg/rec or similar, try this fault finder, dosen't take long and should locate the problem. http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_fault_finding.html

good luck

Good times!
Go to Top of Page

ticker

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  14:10:29  Show Profile
Thanks a lot, I had forgotten about that PDF file.
Go to Top of Page

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  19:20:19  Show Profile
could be overcharging (reg/rec) or could be a really bad or loose earth which means the vibration of the engine kills it.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page

Drewski
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2008 :  10:35:14  Show Profile
Whereabouts are you? If anywhere near me, I have a reg/rec you can borrow to check, tho I'm not sure it is the reg/rec in this case. Has anyone messed about with the wiring? To fit an alarm or similar?

Born To Ride, Ride To Born!
Go to Top of Page

ticker

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2008 :  11:21:13  Show Profile
Thanks very much for the offer Drewski, won't be necesarry I can borrow one from my local shop. But cheers anyway :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000