Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/19/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 General Discussion
 Greetings from Tipperary
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patmurphy

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2008 :  20:03:35  Show Profile
Hi there, just joined up having finally seen the light and decided to get myself another Super Four. Why oh why did I sell my original one in the first place!

Had a yellow '93 Super Four and foolishly decided I wanted to try out a cruiser - I ended up buying a 650 Dragstar and putting up with it for at least 6 months. Then travelling to work by bike each day I decided something with a little bit of protection from the weather was needed so I purchased a Deauville. Great bike but you'd nearly nod off riding it.

However I have now finally seen the light - a car means I don't have to use the bike each day so I want a fun bike which will bring a smile to my face. Now, lets see, what would meet that criteria? Yes, it can only be a Honda CB400 Super Four. Bring on the good times and the good weather - all I have to do now is find an immaculate Super Four

BUGIE

Malta
505 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2008 :  20:29:51  Show Profile
there was one on fleabay although it definately ain't immaculate...

What on earth possessed you to buy a cruiser....and please don't tell me it was a dragstar classic!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

alexibrow
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2008 :  20:32:30  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you've seen the error of your ways and you're getting another Super Four!

I keep telling the missus about people like yourself who regret selling their Super Fours, and I think she's got the hint - she just said I don't have to sell mine (although she didn't actually add the words "...when you buy a bigger bike" I'm sure that's what she meant!)

Good luck finding an immaculate one, there's a few out there judging by some of the members' bikes on this forum!

Have you considered the slightly-faired Version R model? I think they look well smart, and offer a little extra in the way of wind protection.

Ride safe!

Al.

It's not karma, its bikema.
Go to Top of Page

Patmurphy

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2008 :  05:58:28  Show Profile
No, it wasn't a classic - I may have wandered but I didn't lose the plot totally!

As I'm in Ireland the amount of Super Fours available is limited - the amount of "immaculate" ones even less. But the search is on.
Go to Top of Page

BUGIE

Malta
505 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2008 :  07:15:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Patmurphy

No, it wasn't a classic - I may have wandered but I didn't lose the plot totally!

As I'm in Ireland the amount of Super Fours available is limited - the amount of "immaculate" ones even less. But the search is on.

ROFL..
Go to Top of Page

Aye Kero

Ireland
13 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  03:36:10  Show Profile
Dunno what your budget will stretch to but there was a 2005 black SuperFour in the Buy and Sell recently. Think it was for €5k, it looked mint in the picture.

Honda CBF600
Honda CB400SF
Raleigh Tomahawk
Go to Top of Page

Patmurphy

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  21:00:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Aye Kero

Dunno what your budget will stretch to but there was a 2005 black SuperFour in the Buy and Sell recently. Think it was for €5k, it looked mint in the picture.

Didn't see that one - my other half is in hospital at the moment so the hunt has been put on hold - however a 2005 Superfour, must chase it up. The Missus wouldn't miss me for one afternoon!
Go to Top of Page

hannakournikova

Ireland
1787 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2008 :  15:54:20  Show Profile  Visit hannakournikova's Homepage
ever consider looking up north pat, seen one in a local "ads for free" for about £900 GBP

If you run bollock naked through town with a dildo hanging out your hole you'll turn heads too...
Go to Top of Page

hannakournikova

Ireland
1787 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2008 :  16:03:01  Show Profile  Visit hannakournikova's Homepage
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/adsforfree/auto-dealer/auto-dealer-bikes-motor-cycles/motorcycles/article3409613.ece

If you run bollock naked through town with a dildo hanging out your hole you'll turn heads too...
Go to Top of Page

Patmurphy

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2008 :  06:52:57  Show Profile
Going to Dublin tomorrow to look at three bikes - a '96, a '98 and a 2005 - guess which one I want!
Go to Top of Page

soundgarden
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2008 :  10:07:36  Show Profile
Flip, a 2005 one, it'll be gleaming. You'll have to let us know how you get on, and obviously get some pics on here of whatever you get.
Go to Top of Page

Patmurphy

Ireland
7 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2008 :  11:19:25  Show Profile
Registered late in 2005 with just 3,500 kilometres on the clock! Should have been just what I was looking for.

However it was a disaster, despite lookng great in the pictures I had e-mailed to me!

The rear tyre was completely shot despite the low mileage - maybe I'm too gentle on a bike but litterally ripping the tyre apart in just over 2,000 miles on a 400cc bike questions how it has been ridden or is the mileage genuine.

I was told it had never been crashed - then how do you explain the non-matching brake and clutch lever and the scuff on the side of the exhaust. Or how did the top of the end can have a hollow where it had obviously been pushed up to the rear footrest hanger? Oh, and the major dent in the front wheel was a little worrying!

It was being sold for a friend who is living in Spain and doesn't use the bike much - but boy when he uses it.

What annoyed me most was that I wasted a day and travelled 200 miles to look at a bike which I had been told over the phone was immaculate and had never been crashed.
Go to Top of Page

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  09:13:06  Show Profile
fairly typical of something outta the buy and sell eh??

what's the craic?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000