Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 5/19/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 400GreyBike
 General Discussion
 fao - ducati owners
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

absolute
Familiar Member

United Kingdom
464 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  12:30:34  Show Profile
a woman here in work has got a new 749, she said she has just had the suspension dropped so she can get on the bike a bit easier but now she needs to get the stand sorted, does anyone know of anywhere she can either get a replacement stand or some sort of adjustment done? I said I would ask here as there are some people in the know with these sorts of things...

cheers

crm250
Roll on may

United Kingdom
4821 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  12:34:25  Show Profile  Visit crm250's Homepage
cyclecat make stands which are 1" longer or 1" shorter. google cyclecat, they are in the states, but there is an importer here in the uk, sparesshack i think
i have a 1" longer one on the 916. once the ride heights set properly, it leans like buggery

CRM in "sold a bike" shocker
Go to Top of Page

TimB

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  15:42:40  Show Profile  Visit TimB's Homepage
just out of interest what effect does lowering a bike front and rear round have on the handling?

When I bought my ZX7R the guy was obviously well into setting up bikes and had done the odd trackday on it. He had lowered and adjusted the front (pulled the forks through the yoke)and wound the rear up a bit to 'make it tip in a bit faster' apparently. I found (being a bit shorter than him) that I was on my tiptoes on the bike and didnt like it. Plus, I wanted that 'lowered look' you see on the customised US sports bikes (although I know they are tied down with ratchet straps and allsorts...) so I wound the back down quite a bit to match the front.

I can now put both feet flat on the deck and like the look of the bike but I wonder if I have adversely affected the handling at all. I have no evidence that its any worse as it is certainly stable enough, and once its over for a corner its as steady as a rock even when you are caning it and the corner is bumpy.

It seems ever so slightly slow to turn in but I assumed that ZX7R's were known for being a bit, erm, 'porky' and need a good shove on the bar to get them to tip in.

ZX7R Ninja with custom paint and polished bits, CBR900RR Blade, Honda Z50R mokey bike! Best fun on 2 wheels...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000