Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/20/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 Temp guage and Tacho
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  11:06:19  Show Profile
mt temp guage barley moves off the stop. i have tried shorting it out but it wont go up. also my tacho is "lazy" at idle its at 0 but when you rev it it goes up. i reckon its out by at least 1200rpm. anybody else ever had this problem?

what's the craic?

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  18:03:14  Show Profile
Could literally be the neddle has slipped on the tacho, it's only pressed in. I also had it get sticky somehow, though god knows how, and it wouldn't move off the stop until you got to about 8k, then it was fine. Does it read right apart from the base error? Maybe a poor earth if not. Maybe some water got in there and both dials are stiff. I'd be tempted to blast a load of WD around in there.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  23:00:37  Show Profile
earth is good and both needles are free and tight on the spindles. i think there is a resistor or somthing. not too bothered about the tach. i am thinking of mounting a guage on the left side of the rad on a nice polished bracket. what u reckon?

what's the craic?
Go to Top of Page

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  23:47:23  Show Profile
mounted a nsr guage on the side of the rad looks cool

what's the craic?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly