Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 4/25/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 The Workshop - SuperFour Owners
 flooding and backfire 400sf
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crano

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  15:02:09  Show Profile
Hello all.
I have a 400sf and when I try to start her she floods and backfires while trying to start, anyone here had this problem who might give me a few ideas on how to sort it.

Thanks Crano.

ps its not the choke sticking it has been checked

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  15:02:30  Show Profile
stick in a new set of plugs and she will be fine. had the exact same problem with mine. they are very sensitve with the plugs

what's the craic?
Go to Top of Page

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  15:27:35  Show Profile
+1, if it's the same as on my old cb1.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page

crano

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  21:10:14  Show Profile
put a new set in a few weeks ago, she has flooded a few times since , I wonder did that knacker the new plugs.
Go to Top of Page

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  23:24:52  Show Profile
Twice it's happened to me that I have had starting issues, changed the plugs... and then a few weeks later had to change the battery. Test the battery voltages, someone will be along soon with the correct readings, but as a guide I think it's about 12.8 from a "resting" battery, and it shouldn't lose anything over night. Should be around 13.4 with the engine running. If it drops below 12v while cranking, that's also bad news. If you are trying to start with a weak battery, it will have troubles and that will kill your new and expensive plugs in short order, too. They don't like being wet.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page

Irishsuperfour

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  23:02:20  Show Profile
+1 to that

what's the craic?
Go to Top of Page

crano

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  17:05:28  Show Profile
battery is new its the second new battery and the voltages are ok they has also been checked, changed the cdi unit and the *Censored*er still wont stary but when it does start it runs like a swiss watch.
Go to Top of Page

hondaneil
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  00:26:04  Show Profile
I had a similar problem with mine. In the end I took the coils off, unscrewed the lead clamps and cleaned them out with a bit of WD40. They can absorb moisture over time apparently. Mine has been spot on ever since. By the way flooding a bike will not damage the plugs.
Hope this sorts it for you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000