Buy 400GB merchandise and Products from The Shop  
  Todays Date Is: 5/10/2024 Contact Us | Home | Donations | About 400GB | Disclaimer|
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 SuperFour & CB1 Owners
 General Discussion
 it's been a while
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duffa0305
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
165 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  12:51:48  Show Profile
the bike is of the road at the moment due to reg/rec, (i think) anyways my forks are looking a bit shoddy so do i A try and polish them up some how? if i do how do i do it? or B swap the forks over some second hand ones/new ,if so whats the best for the money?any help much apprecated.

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  16:05:40  Show Profile
Either strip them using nitromors, and polish using autosol for shiny but high maintenance look. Or strip using nitromors, polish using 600 grade wet and dry and paint using primer, primer, paint, paint and lacquer if you want from the Plastikote range, available dead cheap at wilkinsons or slightly less cheap at b&q.

They all look shoddy at this age, tbh.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page

duffa0305
Settled In Member

United Kingdom
165 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  12:20:41  Show Profile
cheers for that a morti ,nitromors & autosol sounds like the best option,so where do i get nitromors?
Go to Top of Page

a_morti

United Kingdom
1344 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  13:16:53  Show Profile
Anywhere - homebase, b+q, wilkinsons, etc.

Top tips: don't let it on your skin, keep it somewhere cool. It is nasty nasty stuff, and tbh I am surprised you can buy it in as largea tin as you can. But by heck it works.

WWW.HONDACB1.CO.NR
+ NC29 swingarm ('29 wheels soon), Quill T3 Ti, lots of black, blade rear hangers, beet rearsets, brembo brake. Top mods: BT45's, touring screen & rack with 50L box! Stolen recovered, scumbags best not try again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
400GreyBike.co.uk © 2006 400GreyBike - All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000